Which publishers are included in Weizmann's Open Access agreements?
The Library has Read and Publish agreements with several publishers. Some allow you to publish your articles open access without requiring further payment to the publisher. Others entitle you to a discounted open access fee / APC.
Springer and Oxford University Press will be offered a Read and Publish model in 2024 (for hybrid journals)!
Discounts covered in full or in part by library agreements:
- AAAS - Science Advances 15% discount
- American Institute of Mathematical Sciences / AIMS (2021-2023) Free of charge (No APC)
- American Institute of Physics / AIP 2022-2024 Free of charge (No APC) - hybrid only*
- American Chemical Society / ACS 2023-2025 Free of charge (No APC)
- Association for Computing Machinery / ACM 2023-2027 NEW!
- Bentham Science (2022-2024) Free of charge (No APC)
- Cambridge University Press (2020-2024) Free of charge (No APC)
- Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory (2022-2024) Free of charge (No APC)
- The Company of Biologists (2023-2025) Free of charge (No APC)
- De Gruyter (2022-2024) Free of charge (No APC) hybrid only*
- Future Science and Future Medicine (2021-2023) Free of charge (No APC)
- Institute of Physics / IOP (2021-2023) Free of charge (No APC) - hybrid only*
- Karger (2021-2024) Free of charge (No APC)
- Portland Press / Biochemical Society (2023-2025) Free of charge (No APC)
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States (PNAS) $500 discount
- Sage (2022-2024) Significantly reduced payment of 200£ or 20% discount
- Springer and BioMed Central 15% discount for Fully Open Access Titles via Weizmann's deposit account.
- The Royal Society (2021-2023) Free of charge (No APC)
- The Royal Society of Chemistry / RSC (2021-2023) Free of charge (No APC) - hybrid only*
- Taylor and Francis (2023-2025) - Free of charge (No APC) in the hybrid journals only - NEW!
- Thieme 25% discount
- Wiley (2022-2024) - Free of charge (No APC) in the hybrid journals only*
- Wiley 20% discount for Fully Open Access journals via Weizmann's deposit account.
- World Scientific (2021-2023) Free of charge (No APC)
How to ensure that you qualify for the deals?
In general, to qualify for most of the publisher deals it is essential that:
Generally, only corresponding authors are entitled to a discount.
- You are the corresponding author on the output
- You declare your affiliation with the Weizmann Institute of Science
- You use your Institution email address (@weizmann.ac.il) in the submission
- Be aware that the discount will cover only APC costs and NOT any additional costs.
NOTE! New grants with Horizon Europe have VERY different requirements from Horizon 2020 grants. If you receive a Horizon Europe grant, please review your publishing requirements with the Grants Department. More information...
These are NOT FREE APCs. The Library is paying an additional cost for this service. In the case of these publishers, the Read & Publish* deal offered was good enough that it has been decided to fund this new model.
These agreements are part of a huge market shift and this shift is still in process. The fact that we were able to reach reasonable agreements with these publishers does not guarantee that we will be able to reach equally beneficial agreements in the future, but your Library will be working to make agreements like this more common.
* For more help, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We would also appreciate your comments and suggestions for improvements via this email. Your feedback is an essential part of our work.
* Read&Publish model = the Read portion of the agreement covers subscription costs, the Publish portion covers APC costs