Q. How do I export a citation found in Google Scholar for import into our Publications Database?
Export a single citation found in GoogleScholar
Click on the “cite” link at the bottom of each entry.
Export a set of multiple citations
1. Search GoogleScholar and on the results screen, select the records that you want to save by clicking on the star icon on the bottom left of each result
(If you are not signed in to Google then when you click on the star, you will be prompted to log in. If you don’t have a Google account, click here to create one.)
2. After selecting your articles, click “My Library” on the upper right side of the screen.
3. Select all the articles by checking the box on the upper left side of the screen
4. Click the export icon on the horizontal menu bar at the top of the screen.
5. Select BibTex from the menu (note that you can set a default format in Google Scholar settings).
Load to Pure
At this point you can either load the file yourself – instructions below – or send it to the Library and we will load it for you.
To upload the citation record into Pure
1. In your “Personal” screen in Pure with the My Research tab open, click on the “Import from File” link.
2. Select Import from File again from the pull down menu and a pop-up window will open.
3. Select BibTex, then you will be prompted to browse for the file.
4. Select your BibTex file – created by copying the GoogleScholar BibTex screen into NotePad and saving the file as .txt
5. A new pop-up window will open and you will be prompted to “import” each record.